RISE Community Health Centre (CHC) Pharmacy is a non-profit pharmacy open to anyone and everyone. We seek to provide inclusive, judgment-free and trauma-informed care.
By filling your prescriptions here, you will be helping your community. Income from the pharmacy will be reinvested in RISE CHC and Collingwood Neighbourhood House (CNH), which operates the community health centre.
RISE pharmacy provides the following services:
- Medication dispensing and counselling in multiple languages if needed
- Medication reviews and pharmacist consultations with translation services if needed
- Immunizations and medication administration
- Opioid Agonist Therapy
- Blister packing and free medication deliveries**
- Flu shots by appointment during Flu Season
5198 Joyce Street
Vancouver, BC V5R 4H1
Phone: 604-558-8090 ext. 2
Our phone lines are open weekdays 10 am to 3 pm. Our phones will not accept voicemails after 3 pm on business days. Please call us back during business hours.
• Monday – Friday: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
• Saturday: 9:30 am – 3 pm
Closed on Sundays and statutory holidays
Transferring prescriptions to the RISE Pharmacy
Please ask us to contact your current pharmacy or request that your healthcare provider fax your prescriptions to us directly at 778-653-3558.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you’ll find answers to the questions we get asked the most about our pharmacy. For additional questions, call 604-558-8090 ext. 2 or email email@example.com.
- Can I use the pharmacy if I am not a RISE Primary Care patient?
Yes! RISE CHC Pharmacy will be available to anyone who needs medications dispensed.
- Can I get a prescription from a pharmacist at RISE?
Yes, the RISE CHC Pharmacist can prescribe, however not to CNH staff. You can get assessed by a pharmacist for 21 minor ailments, including pink eye, headaches and canker sores. You can also get prescriptions for contraception. These services are free of charge to British Columbians when provided in person, in a pharmacy. To find more information and see if a pharmacist can help you with your symptoms, visit see a pharmacist for minor ailments or contraception.
- Can I get vaccinations and other injections at RISE?
Yes, our pharmacists are injection-certified and trained to provide immunizations as well as other medications for intramuscular or subcutaneous injection. During flu season, we may require patients to make appointments for any injections.
- Can I pick up my annual medication expense records at RISE?
Yes, but the record will only show prescriptions filled at RISE CHC Pharmacy. You will need to bring a piece of photo ID to pick up this document. If you are picking up on behalf of another person, we will need a signed and dated letter providing authorization for someone else to pick up. The authorized person will need to bring their photo ID to pick up for you.
- Are there over-the-counter medications for sale at RISE?
RISE CHC Pharmacy will not have a large selection of over-the-counter medications but you may request us to special order an item if it is available through our supplier.
- Does RISE deliver medications?
If you live within the Renfrew- Collingwood catchment, we can deliver medications if you have three (3) or more prescriptions in one delivery.
- Can CNH staff use the pharmacy?
Yes! However, the pharmacist cannot prescribe to staff, who must bring their prescription from another care provider.
Fees & Coverage
- What is the dispensing fee at RISE?
The dispensing fee is $10, which is covered by Fair Pharmacarefor eligible medications if you are registered and have met your deductible for the year.
- Does RISE offer direct billing?
Yes, we will do our best to ensure your insurance pays for your medications prior to medication pick-up.
- Can I get free or low-cost medication at RISE?
The pharmacy will always dispense generic medication where possible unless the patient’s preference is for brand name or generic medication is unavailable. Once the pharmacy is able to generate additional revenues consistently for at least one year, the pharmacy will develop a fund for medication financial assistance for RISE patients.
- How do I register with Fair PharmaCare? Do I need to register?
All BC residents should be registered with Fair PharmaCare. Please visit the Fair PharmaCare webpage (via Government of BC) gov.bc.ca or call Health Insurance BC to register or for more information:
- Vancouver & Lower Mainland: 604-683-7151
- Rest of B.C., toll-free: 1-800-663-7100
- What payment types do you accept?
RISE CHC Pharmacy can take cash, debit, or credit. If you have extended benefits, please provide us with your insurance information and we will do our best to bill your insurance directly.
- How is RISE’s pharmacy a non-profit?
Any additional revenue generated by RISE CHC Pharmacy will be reinvested into the pharmacy, RISE CHC, and Collingwood Neighbourhood House. Filling your prescriptions at RISE CHC Pharmacy will be another way you can support the Renfrew-Collingwood neighbourhood.