RISE Community Health Centre
Information regarding COVID-19:
Updated May 14, 2020
RISE Community Health Centre cares about our community and clients. We are taking an active role in helping prevent clients and community members from getting or spreading the COVID-19 virus. In order to follow Public Health recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer we have made some changes to our services:
– RISE staff will be available for TELEPHONE APPOINTMENTS ONLY until further notice. Please call 604-558-8090 during regular office hours if you would like to speak to a staff. If you have trouble connecting with RISE clinic on the phone, please e-mail specific requests to Risechc@cnh.bc.ca and a staff member will get back to you.
– Harm Reduction supplies are available for pick up from 9:30 am – 1:30 pm Monday to Friday and Saturdays 7 am – 10 am at Collingwood Neighbourhood House (5288 Joyce Street)
– If you are running out of your prescriptions, please contact your pharmacy to see if they are able to authorize you a refill.
– If you are experiencing an emergency, for example, problems breathing, please call 911.
– If you are feeling sick and are concerned that you might have been infected by the Coronavirus and unable to reach a RISE Staff, please call 811 or 1-888-covid19 or text 604-630-0300.
For general information about Coronavirus, please call 1-833-784-4397 or check the BC Centre for Disease Control website at: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel) or the Government of Canada website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html#faq
As a community we all need to do our part. Here are some things to be aware of:
a) The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to other respiratory illnesses, including the flu and common cold. They include cough, sneezing, fever, sore throat and difficulty breathing. And that older people and people with a weakened immune system or underlying medical condition are considered at higher risk of severe disease.
b) You can prevent the spread of COVID-19 by:
· Social distancing – Avoid non-essential travel outside your home, and large gatherings. When you are outside of your home, minimize your contact with others through physical distancing by keeping 2 meters apart.
· Washing hands often with soap or use of alcohol based sanitizer.
· Cough or sneeze into your arm
· Avoid touching your face
· Cleaning frequently used spaces, surfaces and objects (kitchens, common areas, dining areas, desks, shared sleeping spaces, doorknobs, and faucets).
· Stay home when sick.
NOTE: Wearing a facial covering/non-medical mask in the community has not been proven to protect the person wearing it and is not a substitute for physical distancing and hand washing. However, it can be an additional measure you can take to protect others around you, even if you have no symptoms. It can be useful for short periods of time, when physical distancing is not possible in public settings such as when grocery shopping or using public transit. For more info see: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/medical-devices/activities/announcements/covid19-notice-home-made-masks.html
We hope that with all of us working together, we will maintain our community’s health.
For more resources on COVID-19 in various languages, information about mental health, financial support and community support, click here.
Collingwood Neighbourhood House (CNH) operates RISE, a Community Health Centre (CHC) within our main CNH location at 5288 Joyce Street.
RISE (Resilient, Integrative, Socially Just and Equitable) Community Health Centre connects Renfrew-Collingwood community members who have difficulty accessing health care to a health care team and social supports. RISE also provides health promotion programs and events to the broader Renfrew-Collingwood neighbourhood. RISE is part of CNH, a non-profit society governed by a volunteer board of directors.
For more information, contact us below or visit our FAQ. Please note, we are currently operating on a referral basis.
Collingwood Neighbourhood House
5288 Joyce St
Mondays/Tuesdays, 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Wednesdays/Thursdays/Fridays, 10:00 am-6:00 pm
*Additional services are offered at the CNH Morning Star Program, Youth Drop-In, Settlement Programs, and SAFE Program. We anticipate expanding our hours in Spring 2020, when our new location is completed.