WELCOME TO RISE CHC!
APPOINTMENT CANCELLATION AND NO SHOWS
RISE CHC understands that sometimes you may need to cancel or change appointment times. Keeping us informed of your change in availability helps us open up appointments for other clients that are waiting to be seen. To help us be able to offer timely appointments to all of our clients:
- Please provide at least 24 hours notice to cancel or reschedule your phone/video appointments.
- To cancel or reschedule please call 604-558-8090 or email us at email@example.com
- If you miss three consecutive appointments without prior notice, we will send you a letter asking you to contact RISE CHC within a given timeframe to confirm that you still wish to receive our services
- If you do not contact us within the specified timeframe, we cannot guarantee will be able to continue to offer you services as we may offer your spot to another community member on our waitlist
If you are booked for an in-person appointment, we encourage you to:
- Self-monitor for any communicable diseases (i.e. COVID-19 symptoms)
- Notify RISE CHC of any changes in your health prior to coming into the health centre.
- If possible and appropriate, change your appointment to a virtual/phone instead of in-person if you have active signs and symptoms of a communicable disease (such as COVID-19)
NOTE: If you have acute respiratory symptoms (for example chest pain, shortness of breath or trouble breathing) while at RISE CHC, you may be referred to an Urgent Primary Care Centre (UPCC) or Emergency Department for a higher level of care.
PHONE OR VIDEO APPOINTMENTS
We will continue to offer phone and/or Video appointments as needed or requested. Being ready for your phone/video appointment means:
- Provide us with THE BEST PHONE NUMBER or EMAIL to reach you at
- Be ready to receive the call or video chat from 5 minutes before to 30 minutes after your booked time
- Checking that your call blocker is shut off on your phone (so you can accept a call from a blocked number)
- Sitting in a quiet, private space, other distractions minimized
- If you are not available when we call you for your appointment we may have to move on to our next client.
COVID-19 RELATED INFORMATION
We encourage community members to remain vigilant as COVID-19 and other illnesses are still circulating in our community. That means following public health guidelines, washing hands frequently, and staying home when you are sick. Medical masks are still required in health care settings, please wear a medical mask at RISE CHC. Our front desk staff will offer you a medical mask if you do not have one. Additionally:
- COVID vaccinations and COVID testing are not offered at RISE Community Health Centre.
- If you would like more information about getting your COVID-19 vaccine, please ask one of the RISE staff or visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/vaxforbc?bcgovtm=20210311_GCPE_Vizeum_COVID___Google_Search_BCGOV_EN_BC__Text
- As of Oct 15, 2022 COVID-19 testing sites in Vancouver have closed. RISE CHC and Collingwood Neighbourhood House have home test kits available for pick up (no appointment needed). For more information visit: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/covid-19-testing
- Non-medical information about COVID-19 is available 7:30am – 8pm, 7 days a week at 1-888-268-4319.
- If you have health questions, you can call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 toll-free in BC, or for the deaf and hard of hearing, call 7-1-1.
- For more resources on COVID-19 in various languages, information about mental health, financial support and community support, click here.
NOTE: If you are experiencing an emergency, for example, problems breathing, please call 911.