Welcome to RISE Community Health Centre!
The following information is for existing clients of RISE’s primary care clinic. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-558-8090.
Appointment Cancellations and No Shows
RISE CHC understands that sometimes you may need to cancel or change appointment times. Keeping us informed of your change in availability helps us open up appointments for other clients that are waiting to be seen. To help us be able to offer timely appointments to all of our clients:
- Please provide at least 24 hours’ notice to cancel or reschedule your phone/video appointments.
- To cancel or reschedule please call 604-558-8090 or email us at email@example.com
- If you miss three consecutive appointments without prior notice, we will send you a letter asking you to contact RISE CHC within a given timeframe to confirm that you still wish to receive our services
- If you do not contact us within the specified timeframe, we cannot guarantee will be able to continue to offer you services as we may offer your spot to another community member on our waitlist
If you are booked for an in-person appointment, we encourage you to:
- Self-monitor for any communicable diseases (i.e. COVID-19 symptoms)
- Notify RISE CHC of any changes in your health prior to coming into the health centre
- If possible and appropriate, change your appointment to a virtual/phone instead of in-person if you have active signs and symptoms of a communicable disease (such as COVID-19)
NOTE: If you have acute respiratory symptoms (for example chest pain, shortness of breath or trouble breathing) while at RISE CHC, you may be referred to an Urgent Primary Care Centre (UPCC) or Emergency Department for a higher level of care.
Phone or Video Appointments
We will continue to offer phone and/or video appointments as needed or requested. Being ready for your phone/video appointment means:
- Provide us with THE BEST PHONE NUMBER or EMAIL to reach you at
- Be ready to receive the call or video chat from 5 minutes before to 30 minutes after your booked time
- Checking that your call blocker is shut off on your phone (so you can accept a call from a blocked number)
- Sitting in a quiet, private space, other distractions minimized
- If you are not available when we call you for your appointment we may have to move on to our next client
NOTE: If you are experiencing an emergency, for example, problems breathing, please call 911.