Collingwood Neighbourhood House (CNH) offers a range of direct medical services and health promotion to the Renfrew-Collingwood area through RISE Community Health Centre (CHC).
RISE (Resilient, Integrative, Socially Just and Equitable) offers team-based care to local residents with supports available for medical and social needs.
RISE strives to support the health and well-being of Renfrew-Collingwood by providing the following services:
RISE Primary Care Clinic
The RISE primary care clinic offers the same services provided by a family doctor or nurse practitioner, plus additional care from a large healthcare team who supports physical, social, and emotional well-being. Our clinic provides ongoing care for general health concerns, social determinants of health, mild-moderate mental health conditions, addictions, and coordination of specialist care.
- Our priority is to connect Renfrew-Collingwood residents who do not have a regular healthcare provider and experience barriers to accessing care to a nurse practitioner, family physician and/or a healthcare team
- Our clinic team includes family physicians, nurse practitioners, community health workers, nurses, medical office assistants, dietitians, physiotherapists, counsellors, social workers, pharmacists and more
Social work, counselling, dietitian, physiotherapy, and occupation therapy are only available for RISE primary care clients by referral from a RISE primary care provider on the basis of medical and financial need.
How to apply for primary care
If you or someone you know would benefit from primary medical care at RISE, please fill out an application form. Please note, our current waitlist for primary care is over 6 months.
Forms can be dropped off at RISE, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 236-317-4270. Please call 604-558-8090 for questions.
Download an application form
Community Development & Health Promotion
RISE CHC provides health promotion programs, events, and advocacy within the Renfrew-Collingwood neighbourhood, including:
- Collaboration with and outreach to local housing sites and organizations
- Health-related education and support groups
- A community advisory committee to inform RISE’s services
- Information booths at community events and more
Harm Reduction Services
RISE CHC provides the following harm-reduction services:
- Harm reduction supplies are available for pick-up during office hours
- Naloxone kits are available for pick up and naloxone training can be requested
- Nurse Practitioners and Physicians at RISE CHC prescribe medical therapies used to treat addictions including Opiate Agonist Therapy to clients of RISE primary care clinic
As stated by the Canadian Mental Health Association, “Harm Reduction is an evidence-based, client-centred approach that seeks to reduce the health and social harms associated with addiction and substance use, without necessarily requiring people who use substances from abstaining or stopping…. Essential to a harm reduction approach is that it provides people who use substances a choice of how they will minimize harms through non-judgemental and non-coercive strategies in order to enhance skills and knowledge to live safer and healthier lives.”