Funded by the Government of Canada (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada), we offer a variety of services, programs and support groups for permanent resident cardholders, conventional refugees, temporary foreign workers, live-in caregivers, citizens, and others.

Our team of settlement workers will help you to find English classes, employment services, community resources, family services, health services, etc. Community workers and connectors will help you to get engaged with a range of opportunities to welcome and integrate you into your community.

Contact Us

Helen Su
604-435-0323 ext. 222
Maria Alpirez
604-435-0323 ext. 247
Karen Caguioa
6004-435-0323 ext. 263

We have cultural connectors working in the community in the following languages: English, Spanish, Punjabi, Hindi, Tagalog, Cantonese, and Mandarin.


For descriptions on each service, click on the symbol.

LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada)

LINC offers free English language classes for adult (18+) learners. Free licensed childminding (ages 18 months to 5 years old) is available for students while attending class.
Dates & Times: Weekday mornings (Level 3-6) from September to July

Who can apply?

To be eligible you must:

  • – Be a permanent resident of Canada, a Convention Refugee, or be a person in Canada whose application for Permanent Resident status is being processed in Canada and who has been informed by a letter from IRCC of the initial approval of your application subject to an admissibility assessment (approval-in-principle);
  • – Be at least 18 years old;
  • – Take a language assessment test at a Language Assessment Centre, to figure out which level is right for you
Language Assessment Centres
Western ESL Services
LINC Assessment and Referral Centre
208-2525 Commercial Dr.
Vancouver, BC V5N 4C1
People living in Vancouver, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, South Delta, Burnaby or New Westminster
Surrey Language Assessment Centre
LINC Assessment and Referral Centre
3202-7337 137th St.
Surrey, BC V3W 1A4
People living in Surrey, North Delta, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Maple Ridge or the Fraser Valley

You cannot apply if you are a:

  • – Canadian citizen;
  • – Refugee claimant;
  • – Temporary resident (International student, foreign worker or visitor visa)


If you are eligible, visit the registration office with your original Permanent Resident card and your language assessment results. We are located at CNH Annex (3690 Vanness Ave.)

Registration office is open only on Tuesdays from 9am to 12:30pm and Fridays from 9am to 4:30pm.