Modified Low Intensive Zumba Gold (Annex)
Please note, programs are subject to change or cancellation. Call 604-435-0323 to confirm program times and dates.
Tuesdays from 2:15-3:15 pm – offered in person both at the Main Site and CNH Annex
Catchy Latin tunes are combined with choreography for an aerobic workout that feels like a dance party! This program is accessible for beginners, seniors and others needing modifications in their exercise routines.
Classes also available on Fridays at the Main Site from 11:55 am-12:55 pm.
To register for this program, call 604-435-0323. A Seniors Pass ($39/12 sessions) is required to participate and can be purchased at CNH using a debit card. Max. number of participants: 10.
The goals and objects for this program are:
• Safe and fair experience
• Fun and exercise
CNH is currently monitoring the issue of the COVID-19 virus and its potential spread. We recognize that this is a growing concern among our community and we would like to be proactive around this matter to ensure that everyone feels safe at our programs. All participants must adhere to the following guidelines:
• Reserve your spot and pay with the Seniors Pass
• Drop-ins or cash will not be accepted
• Call reception (604-435-0323) the day of the class (from 9:15am) to ensure a spot (reception staff will ask for your name and membership number to charge the fee)
• Reception staff will complete a COVID-19 prescreening with each participant
• Pre-screen for COVID-19 pre-screen before participating in each class
• Bring your own water bottles (water fountains are opened to fill bottles only, not to drink water from directly)
• Wear appropriate attire comfortable for the program and be ready before starting the class. Changing rooms have been closed.
• Wear a mask at all times in the common area and during the workout session. Exemptions are given to those who are not able to wear a mask due to medical reasons.
• Wash hands or use hand sanitizers before entering the multipurpose room. Hand sanitizers are located at Reception lobby and P1 elevator
• Keep 2.5 meters apart from other participants. Instructors and participants should stay inside their designated zones indicated by cones.
• To ensure the modified Zumba Gold is low intensity and no heavy breath, instructors should use slower songs/music, make the break longer between songs, and should not be raising their voice or yelling during the class
• Multipurpose room door must remain open for airflow once the class begins, and for participants to leave after the workout
• Follow the occupancy limit from washrooms
• Strict physical distancing will be in place by the instructor during the program so everyone has enough space when performing the movements
• Maximum 10 participants in the multipurpose room
• Bring your energy, smile and a positive attitude! 😊
• All participants must follow the exit signs to leave the multipurpose room via the outside doors/elevator after class
• Do not gather in the main lobby or in other common areas at CNH
*If you are feeling unwell or have travelled outside the country please stay home to ensure the safety of all other participants. If you have any questions or concerns for the following above, please don’t hesitate to ask your instructor.