Rhythmic Gymnastics (Ages 4-6)
Please note, programs are subject to change or cancellation. Call 604-435-0323 to confirm program times and dates.
Mondays from 4-5 pm (April 12-June 21, 2021—no class on May 24)
Children develop hand-eye coordination using rhythmic equipment such as skipping ropes, hoops, ribbons and balls to learn routines to music while they have fun and make new friends.
From the instructor:
Hi! I’m Olga and I am excited to turn your girls into beautiful gymnasts!
Rhythmic Gymnastics is one of the most beautiful and precise Olympic Sports. It is a combination of the dynamics and flexibility of gymnastics, the technical knowledge of ballet, and the self-expression and rhythm of modern dance. Unmatched for its elegant, expressive, precise and graceful movements, rhythmic gymnastics is using hand-held apparatus such as hoops, balls, ropes, and clubs in specially choreographed rhythmic group and solo routines. Through careful guidance, respectful encouragement and the highest standards of expert coaching, young girls in our program are developed into confident, strong and healthy young gymnasts.
To register, call 604-435-0323. Max. number of participants: 14.
|Goals & Objectives|
The goals and objectives for this program are:
3. Safe and fair play
|Health & Safety Guidelines|
Collingwood Neighbourhood House (CNH) is currently monitoring the issue of the COVID-19 virus and its potential spread. We recognize that this is a growing concern among our community and we would like to be proactive around this matter to ensure that everyone feels safe at our programs. We are asking all of our CNH community to follow the COVID-19 protocols that we are implementing to support the safety of our children, families and staff.
All parents/guardians and participants must adhere to the following guidelines:
Pick Up/Drop Off
· All parents must sign the consent and COVID-19 liability release waiver form before the start of the program.
· All parents MUST complete the daily check-in form before the start of the program.
· Attendance and sign-in are mandatory at the beginning of each class. Attendance will be taken by the instructor in order to keep track of everyone in and out of this program.
· All parents / guardians MUST wear a mask in the common area at all times.
· No guardians or parents will be allowed in the program room or inside the building during the sessions.
· Please arrive on time. This ensures children are not distracted by latecomers.
· Parents/Guardians can enter CNH ANNEX from main entrance on Ormidale Street. Parents can also use the free underground parking
· Please be on time when picking up your children. Pick up will be at the main entrance.
Things to Bring to Class
· Please bring your own water bottles; water bottle filling stations are open, however water fountains are not.
· Come ready with your training uniform for the class (slim fit tank top, shorts and socks), no change rooms will be available.
· Bring your own equipment (yoga mat), RG apparatuses (if you have any), hand wipes and sanitizers.
· Don’t wear jewelry; can be broken or hurt the child
· Hairstyles must be neat
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
· If you are feeling unwell or have travelled outside the country, please stay home to ensure the safety of all other participants.
· All participants and parents must wear a mask at all times in the common area
· All children MUST wash and sanitize hands before entering the class (sanitizing stations will be available at CNH).
· Limit of 2 participants in the washroom at a time.
· Strict social distancing protocols will be in place; including NO shaking hands, high fives, hugs, etc.
· High touched surfaces in the program will be frequently cleaned with approved sanitizing products.
· Instructor will be teaching fun demonstration techniques to children on how to practice social distancing, coughing or sneezing and avoiding touching their face, eyes, mouth and nose.
Follow the rules and guidelines as set out by the facility and sport organization.