Gymnastics (Ages 11+)
All levels welcome.
Wednesdays (April 14-June 16, 2021) from 5:15-7 pm
Gym Sense Gymnastics provides an excellent gymnastics program. The safe and supportive atmosphere helps children learn the skills needed to enjoy gymnastics. Classes work on a Can Gym badge system with children progressing at their own pace.
To register, call 604-435-0323. Max. number of participants: 20.
Participants who are interested in participating in the BC GYMNAESTRADA annual event will pay $42.00 to the gymnastics instructor to cover the insurance.
|Goals & Objectives|
The goals and objectives for this program are:
3. Safe and fair play
|Health & Safety Guidelines|
Collingwood Neighbourhood House (CNH) is currently monitoring the issue of the COVID-19 virus and its potential spread. We recognize that this is a growing concern among our community and we would like to be proactive around this matter to ensure that everyone feels safe at our programs. We are asking all of our CNH community to follow the COVID-19 protocols that we are implementing to support the safety of our children, families and staff.
All parents/guardians and participants must adhere to the following guidelines:
Pick Up/ Drop Off
· All parents MUST sign the consent and COVID-19 liability release waiver form before the start of the program.
· All parents MUST complete the daily check-in form before the start of the program.
· All participants MUST wear a mask at all times in the common area
· Attendance and sign-in are mandatory at the beginning of each class. Attendance will be taken by the instructor in order to keep track of everyone in and out of this program.
· No guardians or parents will be allowed in the gymnasium or inside the facility during the sessions.
· Please arrive on time. This ensures everyone is warming up properly and safely, and is not distracted by latecomers.
o Parents/ Guardians can enter CNH from the parking lot located on Euclid Ave or the main entrance.
· Please be on time when picking up your children. Pick up will be at the entrance of the building in the main lobby.
Things to Bring to Class
· Please bring your own water bottles; water bottle filling stations are open, however water fountains are not.
· Come ready with comfortable, athletic clothing (ex. T-shirt, leggings/shorts)
· Please do not wear jewelry; can be broken or hurt the child.
· Hairstyles must be neat.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
· If you are feeling unwell or have travelled outside the country, please stay home to ensure the safety of all other participants.
· All participants and parents must wear a mask at all times in the common area
· All children MUST wash and sanitize hands before entering the class (sanitizing stations will be available at CNH).
· Limit of 2 participants in the washroom at a time.
· Strict social distancing protocols will be in place; including NO shaking hands, high fives, hugs, etc.
· High touched surfaces in the program will be frequently cleaned with approved sanitizing products.
· Instructor will be teaching fun demonstration techniques to children on how to practice social distancing, coughing or sneezing and avoiding touching their face, eyes, mouth and nose.
· Follow the rules and guidelines as set out by the facility and sport organization.