Work Sessions at the Norquay Food Forest
Learn about native plant stewardship, get a work out whacking weeds, meet other garden enthusiasts and spend time in the hidden gem that is the Norquay Food Forest (2732 Horley Street)!
We are hosting weekly work sessions (Tuesdays June 2, 9, and Wednesdays June 17, and 24 from 4-7 pm). Registration is mandatory – register by emailing Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org – sessions will be limited to 5 participants as a COVID-19 precaution.
Due to COVID-19, there are several precautions we will be taking, and we ask that everyone agree to the following guidelines:
1. Maintain a physical distance of 2 metres from each other at all times
2. No more than six people can work in the garden at the same time
3. All tools will be disinfected by staff before the session and tools will not be shared between volunteers during the session. If you would like to bring your own gloves, hand pruners or other tools this is welcome but not necessary.
4. No shared food. Feel free to bring your own snacks. It’s also best if you can bring your own water bottle. There is drinking water from taps in the space, so your own cup is also fine.
5. Hand soap and hand sanitizer will be provided, but feel free to bring your own
6. Continue to follow the City of Vancouver’s guidelines around COVID-19:
- remain at home if you are feeling sick;
- remain at home if you have recently travelled outside of Canada;
- wash your hands before and after going outside;
- cover your cough or sneeze.