Creative Writing (Ages 11-13)
Fridays from 6:15-8 pm with Rania Hatz
Cohort 1: April 9-May 14, 2021 (6 sessions)
Cohort 2: May 21-June 18, 2021 (5 sessions)
This class is tailored to students who want to explore creative writing. The participants will be encouraged to share in several writing projects including fiction and non-fiction. The aim is to improve writing, grammar, and public speaking skills. No supplies are provides or shared: Students must bring their own pencils, erasers, and sharpener. This class includes homework assignments.
To register for this program, call 604-435-0323.
|Goals & Objectives|
The goals and objectives for this program are:
3. Safe and fair play
|Health & Safety Guidelines|
Collingwood Neighbourhood House (CNH) is currently monitoring the issue of the COVID-19 virus and its potential spread. We recognize that this is a growing concern among our community and we would like to be proactive around this matter to ensure that everyone feels safe at our programs. We are asking all of our CNH community to follow the COVID-19 protocols that we are implementing to support the safety of our children, families and staff.
All parents/guardians and participants must adhere to the following guidelines:
Pick Up/Drop Off
· All parents MUST sign the consent and COVID-19 liability release waiver form before the start of the program.
· All parents MUST complete the daily check-in form before the start of the program.
· Attendance and sign-in are mandatory at the beginning of each class. Attendance will be taken by the instructor in order to keep track of everyone in and out of this program.
· All participants MUST wear a mask at all times in the common area
· No guardians or parents will be allowed in the program room or inside the building during the sessions.
· Please arrive on time. This ensures everyone can finish the projects on time and children are not distracted by latecomers.
· Parents/Guardians can enter CNH from the parking lot located on Euclid Ave or the main entrance. The program is located on the multipurpose room first floor of the building, please wait at the lobby on the first floor to sign-in.
· Please be on time when picking up your children. Pick up will be at the lobby on the second floor of the building.
Things to Bring to Class
· Please bring your own water bottles; water bottle filling stations are open; however, water fountains are not available. Not snack will be sharing
· Lined paper,2 pencils/pen, eraser, sharpener à basic writing utensils. There will be NO sharing of writing material, so each participant must bring their own.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
· If you are feeling unwell or have travelled outside the country, please stay home to ensure the safety of all other participants.
· All children must wash and sanitize hands before entering the class (sanitizing stations will be available at CNH).
· Limit of 2 participants in the washroom at a time.
· Strict social distancing protocols will be in place when children are sitting at tables during the program.
· High touched surfaces in the program will be frequently cleaned with approved sanitizing products.
· Instructor will be teaching fun demonstration techniques to children on how to practice social distancing, coughing or sneezing and avoiding touching their face, eyes, mouth and nose.