Arts and Crafts (Ages 6-9)
Discover, experience, and share the joy of the creative process!
Saturdays from 10 am-12 pm (April 17-June 19, 2021) with Julieta Hernandez
Children will learn a variety of visual art media, methods and contents in a free-flowing, fun environment. Techniques will include painting, collage, casting, relief and using recycled materials to create forms.
From the instructor:
Hi! My name is Julieta Hernandez and I am excited to welcome you all to this Arts & Crafts program. I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
This class will teach the basics of a variety of visual art media, methods and contents in a free flowing, fun environment. Children can discover, experience and share the joy of the creative process. Techniques will include painting, collage, casting, relief and the use of recycled materials to create forms. Each session will introduce new ideas, techniques and materials.
To register, call 604-435-0323. Max. number of participants: 10.
|Goals & Objectives|
The goals and objectives for this program are:
3. Safe and fair play
|Health & Safety Guidelines|
Collingwood Neighbourhood House (CNH) is currently monitoring the issue of the COVID-19 virus and its potential spread. We recognize that this is a growing concern among our community and we would like to be proactive around this matter to ensure that everyone feels safe at our programs. We are asking all of our CNH community to follow the COVID-19 protocols that we are implementing to support the safety of our children, families and staff.
All parents/guardians and participants must adhere to the following guidelines:
Pick Up/Drop Off
· All parents must sign the consent and COVID-19 liability release waiver form before the start of the program.
· All parents must complete the daily check-in form before the start of the program.
· Attendance and sign-in are mandatory at the beginning of each class. Attendance will be taken by the instructor in order to keep track of everyone in and out of this program.
· All participants MUST wear a mask at all times in the common area
· No guardians or parents will be allowed in the program room or inside the building during the sessions.
· Please arrive on time. This ensures everyone can finish the projects on time and children are not distracted by latecomers.
· Parents/Guardians can enter CNH from the parking lot located on Euclid Ave or the main entrance. The program is located on the first floor of the building, please wait at the lobby on the first floor to sign-in.
· Please be on time when picking up your children. Pick up will be at the lobby on the second floor of the building.
Things to Bring to Class
· Please bring your own water bottles; water bottle filling stations are open, however water fountains are not.
· Wear comfortable clothing; kids will be using acrylic paint and other materials that may get their attire dirty.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
· If you are feeling unwell or have travelled outside the country, please stay home to ensure the safety of all other participants.
· All children must wash and sanitize hands before entering the class (sanitizing stations will be available at CNH).
· Limit of 2 participants in the washroom at a time.
· Strict social distancing protocols will be in place when children are sitting at tables during the program.
· Every child will have their own set of art supplies to avoid sharing of supplies
· High touched surfaces in the program will be frequently cleaned with approved sanitizing products.
· Instructor will be teaching fun demonstration techniques to children on how to practice social distancing, coughing or sneezing and avoiding touching their face, eyes, mouth and nose.